2) Pack 76 Webelos Crossover - Please join us at the Church tonight to welcome our newest Scout to the Troop, crossing over from Pack 76. Our SPL and ASPL are expected to be there. All who attend are expected to wear class A's - no sweat pants nor jeans. Ceremony begins at 7:30 sharp.
3) Operation Flags for Vets - Scouts are encouraged to volunteer at the Bourne National Cemetery on Saturday May 23 starting 10:30 am, to help put out flags on grave sites of our Veterans. This is not a Troop activity, but it is an opportunity to recognize the sacrifices of others and to accumulate some community service. Please let me know if you participate, and be sure to be in class-A uniform.
4) Tommy Dew and Alex Klein Eagle Court of Honor May 30 - Please keep this date free, we expect all Scouts to participate in the combined celebration of both Tommy Dew and Alex Klein reaching this coveted pinnacle of Boy Scouts. Tentatively we'll start at 3 pm. We will have a practice session on this coming Monday's meeting.
5) June Campout - So far 14 Scouts have signed up for the June 6/7 campout at Hale Reservation in Westwood. Details will follow in coming weeks, but anticipate a morning departure on that Saturday. The Troop will visit the Spellman Museum of Stamps and Postal History for a tour and an opportinity to complete the Stamp Collecting Merit Badge, and then continue on to the camp where the focus will be advancement. We expect the Troop to work together to build a gateway, do some creative cooking, and work through some other requirements.
6) Summer Camp - Please see Mr Shaji's important email regarding Summer Camp.
7) Jun 27/28 - Block your calendar for the final campout of this Scouting year. The Adult leaders will be working with the Scouts soon to plan this campout.
8) Spring Court of Honor - the date is now set for Monday June 29th. We will put out signup forms for advancement Board's of Review and Scoutmaster Conferences starting with the June 1 Troop meeting.
9) Maine High Adventure - MHA will be July 26 through August 2. Keep your eye out for a crew meeting to go over expectations and opportunities, for anyone 14+ and interested. Presently five Scouts have registered. Please arrange with me to submit payment of $300 by end of this month, with the balance of $250 at the end of next month.
10) Cooking Merit Badge homework - Please dust off the cooking Merit Badge workbooks, finish up your written homework, and present to Mrs Weatherby for signoff. Now's the time to get all the red-tape work done, so you can focus on cooking to nail this Eagle required Merit Badge.